Re: [LUG] Newton Abbot IT Job.

A tad harsh, Martin. Variable pay offers depending on experience is very common now - even where wages are stated, they're often modified with "depending on experience" / ranges / starting at. By them submitting what they're working for now, it saved them wasting time coming for an interview if it's completely disparate. We're up-front about it - many aren't. We're also up-front that we're a charity, and rates of pay are not always competitive with other businesses; but not everyone is in the market for money above everything else.

And of course, all the employer does is make an offer for services rendered. If the potential employee doesn't think it's fair, they're not being held by gunpoint.Â

We're undergoing IIP level 2 accreditation this week as it happens, having passed Level 1 three years ago, and several people from this lug have worked for or with us over the years - so shysters screwing staff isn't a reasonable stab either. There's a number of benefits we offer beyond the legal minimums, and our retention is generally very good.

But, I guess I won't be seeing your application then, and that's probably for the best for both of us :)

(FWIW, we've had a very good level of response with four excellent candidates (and quite a few who saw 'Administrator' in the title and applied without any IT experience), and I'm interviewing next week.The advert did its job, regardless of your personal feelings. If anyone else here is still interested, we'll be closing applications by end of the week, so get a wiggle on!)