Re: [LUG] Scam Phone Calls

On 29/06/16 12:56, Tom wrote:

Next time I get one of these calls I plan to say that I don't use
Windows or Apple. When they ask what I do use I will say "have you
ever heard of Solaris?" That will really confuse them.

Neil

If I'm feeling evil I just pretend to do what they ask - it takes ages
to boot the machine etc etc. If anyone knows of a crib sheet to use to
keep them busy that would come in handy - remember you can just leave
them holding for a while while you pretend to do what they ask on your
imaginary windows machine while browsing other stuff to keep you amused
- its your social duty to do so!
Tom te tom te tom

Now I am really laughing out loud. You are just not nice to know. Now that I have had my first such call, perhaps I will start to get some more. Meanwhile I will look out for a crib sheet or some such to give me some ideas.

Neil