[LUG] Scam Phone Calls

I know several people, including my daughter, who have had one or more of these scam telephone calls about some problem with their internet connection. Up to now I have never had one, so I have been feeling somewhat neglected.

Today I had my first one, and I blew it. I was feeling a bit more grumpy than usual so I just got cross, said 'don't talk such rubbish' and hung up. What a missed opportunity.

Anyway, just to let people know that they are still out there. My daughter, of course, uses Linux. When she said that she didn't use Windows the caller got all confused. Apparently he said 'but everyone uses Windows'. Sad.

Neil