Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni

If I am right the LUG started out as a result of a meeting between two
members of TermiSOC the plymouth Uni computing society.

So there could be some free software people who can help further

Paul

`

On 20/06/16 14:29, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> They have a medical school.
> There is some movement in the world toward Open EHR not so much a
> program as a format and rules and movement.
>

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, 14:18 Rod Sheaff, <rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Do any of you work at Plymouth Uni, or have recently?
>
>     After years of agitating along the 'Why don't you use open source?' line
>     I have been invited to discuss this with one of the IT honchos so would
>     like to brief myself as well as I can first.
>
>     One thing would be to gauge the extent of PU's past involvement with
>     open source (not much as far as I can see but ought to check) - it seems
>     pretty much an MS shop. I know a little about desktop but not so much
>     about server-scale admin - any obvious 'gotchas' or points to make about
>     that?
>
>     BW
>
>     Rod
>
>     --
>     Rod Sheaff
>
>     'Dunsland',
>     Barn Street,
>     Liskeard,
>     Kernow / Cornwall
>     PL14 4BL
>     UK
>
>     E: rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     T: 01579 345674
>

>     --

http://www.zleap.net
diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Torbay Tech Jam http://torbaytechjam.org.uk
Software freedom day 17th September 2016