Re: [LUG] Open Source Software | Digital Academy Cornwall

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, Mike Trebilcock wrote:

Hi All,

Linked to Rod Sheaffs email a few moments ago....

I'm in the process of creating a digital academy in Cornwall -
https://iamdigital.uk

The first year will be targeting 16-18 year olds and open source will be
one of our philosophies that we will embed in learners. They will all be
issued a Pi3 to keep as a starting point and will be encouraged/required to
find an OS project to work on and contribute too.

I'd love to talk with anybody that has an interest in helping out either in
person or by providing support/advice and guidance.

It's the sort of thing I'd have been interested in a year or so ago. The sort of thing I thought STEMnet might have been trying to do, but they're pretty useless in Devon & Cornwall.

Ah well. Think I'll stick to making bread now. Hope it works.

Gordon