Re: [LUG] Nest/Hive thermostats.

On 5 February 2016 15:50:30 GMT+00:00, Nick Roach <nick.roach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good afternoon all,

Looking to get an intelligent thermostat to replace my current programmer/thermostat combination, I need it to do heating as well as hot water. 90% convinced I will go for the Nest gen3, but wondered if anyone has any experience with the Nest, Hive or any of the others on the market. I'm running a Pi2 with openHAB and Arduino/mysensors remote sensors to get thermal data from various points in the house, so linking in with that eventually would be important (at the moment, I think its just the Nest that has openHAB support). Â

Thanks in advance

Nick

Do these thermostats make much sense unless you live in a studio flat? I would have thought that controllable radiator valves would allow more flexibility. I think openHAB supports some of the wireless valves available now.

Kevin