[LUG] Identifying Network Interfaces - was Re: Wifi nto working

On 27/01/16 11:42, Ben Whorwood wrote:
On Debian (assume Ubuntu as well) network interfaces are defined in:

/etc/network/interfaces

Wireless interfaces could be additionally configured using other tools
such as wicd.

I'm not sure on the wlan0=wlan0 issue but don't experience it myself.

My /etc/network/interfaces:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug enp0s25
iface enp0s25 inet dhcp
# This is an autoconfigured IPv6 interface
iface enp0s25 inet6 auto

(Wireless network is managed by wicd.)