Re: [LUG] Wifi nto working

Look closely at the front and side edges of the laptop, and around the screen and under it, and at the top of the keyboard.

Quite often there's a button or slider that disables wifi. On some laptops it's very easy to nudge this by mistake.

On 26 January 2016 at 13:25, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:46:37 +0000
Ben Whorwood <ml-devcornlinuxgrp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It can be easy for a never-used Fn+other key combination to be
> pressed and the person not realise. Especially if a cat or other
> creature has decided to take a dance on the keyboard.

She does have three cats!!

> I would prepare a bootable live operating system as well so you can
> quickly rule out software configuration or driver issues.

The laptop does boot up as normal, it is just the wifi not working.

Neil