Re: [LUG] [OT?] permissions control on android

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 05:09:41PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I do not want to know who's using signal, nor do I give a toss.

As Signal is also used as a replacement for normal unencrypted text
messaging, it can matter whether your contacts use Signal too: only
then will your messages to them be end-to-end encrypted.

Why it does need to alert you about who is using Signal is beyond me
though.

> I don't use my phone to do secure/secret stuff anyway.

By using encryption for non-secure/non-secret stuff, you make those who
do need it stand out less. (That's a possible argument for using
encryption, not an attempt to convince you to do so.)

Martijn.