Re: [LUG] Safety Check

On 16/11/15 08:55, lug@xxxxxx wrote:
Personally, I think trying to secure yourself from the likes of GCHQ is
a pointless (and probably impossible) exercise. It is pretty obvious
they are storing all our phone and internet activity and to be honest
so what?
As autonomous beings we should be able to choose what information, about ourselves and our family, we share with others. The activities of GCHQ et al - collecting everything - diminish our autonomy.

It might be too hard for a "targeted" person to secure ones information from agents of the state (they'll likely get what they want from you if you're a target), but we can raise the cost of collecting information about us. Use encryption wherever possible; use Tor Browser for day-to-day web browsing; avoid non-free software and seek out free hardware; force them to exploit your devices to get information about you and make that task as difficult and as costly as practicable.

jah