Re: [LUG] Safety Check

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 13:10:27 +0000, Neil Winchurst

>Although I qualify as 'older' I have no problem with hanging up on
>someone if necessary. And I can be rude if all else fails.

ditto. Having run my own business for years I think I have heard every
scam going and can usually recognise a waste of time and hang-up in
about 5 seconds flat.

Not usually a big recommender of BT products but recently got some
new home phones with the BT Call Guardian software built-in so it
doesn't cost anything extra. It allows you to process calls based on
type of number so uk number, mobile, international, withheld, unknown,
payphone, etc. and for each type either block the call, direct it to
the answerphone or let the phone ring as normal. Blocking
international, withheld and unknown knocks out about 95% of scam/sales
calls and for the others you can add their number to a block list.

Kevin