Re: [LUG] Safety Check

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:24:57 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>On Saturday 14 Nov 2015 08:42:55 Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> I am very careful about what links I click on.
>This one is the only thing that worries me, humans make mistakes.

A good friend of mine works at Winchester University.  He's not in the
IT dept, but is on very good terms with a few people that do work
there.  In a study they conducted regarding phishing emails (amongst
other scam/spam stuff), it was *always* the same people that fell for
them.  No amount of educating them helped.  I'm not 100% sure what the
outcome was, but all the 'guilty' were up in arms because they felt they
were being treated like idiots.

Sadly, it seems people don't _learn_ from their mistakes.

--
 Regards  _
I'm not here for your entertainment