Re: [LUG] Safety Check

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 13:34:35 +0000
Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Martijn,

>We're also very bad at teaching - and very good at overestimating how
>much can be taught.

People working within an educational establishment should be able to
fare above average in the stakes, but I take your point.

>We tell people never to open attachments they didn't expect, only to
>find them opening a "delivery notification" because they were actually
>expecting a parcel.

That's the trouble with words;  More than one meaning.  I still wonder
at people that think subscribing to a mailing list (such as this one)
entails them parting with some money.

>I've seen most security advice being used against us by scams. It's
>tricky.

That's putting it mildly, I'm sure.

--
 Regards  _
Kill joy, bad guy, big talking, small fry