Re: [LUG] Email reputation

If delivery of email from that server is mission critical you could use something like SendGrid (there is a free account and another one with higher limits if you have a Rackspace Cloud Server) as a temporary fix until you have been removed from blacklists (although you'll need to monitor via SendGrid instead of the logs on the server). This can be a useful to have waiting in the wings should such a situation occur.

I use the following service to get daily notifications on black lists:

https://www.rblmon.com/

I've had trouble in the past with Gmail rejecting based on the contents of emails but this is for a closed mailing list powered by Mailman. We've implemented custom failed delivery notifications with links to the online archive sent to individual recipients as a workaround for this which seems to get the job done.

With some providers such as AOL you need to set up feedback loops as if users report emails as spam these have to be in place to remove the entry from the black list.

Sorry I can't be more specific to Exim and the actual server configuration. I would've thought you'd be OK after implementing SPF and DKIM and going through the respective lists' removal process but I'm not sure on the kind of emails you're sending out.

If you do gleam any useful bits of information please update the list as I'd be interested to hear how you resolve the problem.