Re: [LUG] Email reputation

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:29:20AM +0100, Matt Stevenson wrote:
> Hope you had a good meet at Holsworthy, I look forward to making the next one
> hopefully if Iâm not working.
>
> Am having an issue with email reputation from one of the Linux servers.
> Certain recipient domains are bouncing back.
> I have been checking reputation and stuff with MX toolbox.

Did this provide you with some useful information? Was your IP address
or your domain on a blacklist?

Do the bounces provide you with some information? I'm not very familiar
with exim, but I guess the logs will tell you what message was sent when
emails bounced.

> In the process have enabled SPF and DKIM.

That's a good idea, but it's worth noting that it might not help solve
current issues: if a spam filtering service thinks your domain is
spammy, all SPF and DKIM do is say: this domain is really me! (That's
not a reason not to use it - just to explain why it hasn't solved your
problems.)

> Have been Re-testing score is higher after DNS TTL.

I don't understand this sentence.

Martijn.