Re: [LUG] Photo editord

IF you can handle a script this should give you the same function as
Nautilus "resize" the finished script is at the bottom,

Here is the instructions for Custom actions
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/tips_tricks_and_scripts_thunar_file_browser

about 2/3rds down

also
http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/projects/thunar-actions-plugin

for Novices I practice on a similar set-up, then record "the Desktop" as
I do it, and then put it on Youtube as a video and send the "novice" the
link. Most Linux newbies can view the Video at least, even if they cant
follow the instructions.

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 08:32 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 00:03:10 +0100
> Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > I know what you mean about GIMP being a bit overpowered for the task,
> > but in terms of what she needs to do with it it's fairly simple;
> > Image -> Scale Image, enter dimensions, then Scale Image which as a
> > GIMP user you know of course.  As with most programs I think that
> > regardless of how complex it is we all just learn the bits we need as
> > and when we have to.  GIMP of course has the benefit of being
> > available on Windows and Linux, so if she get stuck she can just ask
> > you for help.  It also means that if she does need/want to do
> > anything more in future she won't have to learn to use a new program.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Julian
> >

> Yes, I have been thinking along the same lines, show her the few things
> she needs to know in GIMP. By the way, she does use Windows at work,
> but her home laptop is running Xubuntu. So does my wife's come to
> that.. I maintain both computers for them, and since I know nothing
> about Windows they have no choice.
>
> Neil

Regards

Kevin Lucas