Re: [LUG] Laptop CPU etc power consumption

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015, lug@xxxxxx wrote:

What is the I/O like on RPI2's? I have an original Pi with a 4TB USB
drive attached for backups and the performance is pretty poor really. I
was wondering whether one of the SBC's with integrated SATA would be a
better bet for a cheap fileserver / backup solution.

Same USB, same SATA, same 10/100 Ethernet. Memory is much faster, as are the CPUs, so there's some gains to be made there. It all depends on the performance you're after, really. I'll probably stick to Atom based systems for SOHO firewall & server use (more because I can run multiple Gb NICs off them than anything else)

Gordon