Re: [LUG] Laptop CPU etc power consumption

On 20/06/15 20:33, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> I have a 1 unit Dell Poweredge doing not much (in a full height rack!)
> And I've been wondering if I could replace it with a Pi.

You've got a full 42U rack just sat there?! Obviously it depends on what
your under-utilised PowerEdge is actually doing, but it seems very
likely you could save a ton of space and power by tossing (or rather,
donating) the entire lot and just sticking a RPi2 in.

What workload is the Dell currently doing? Unless it's doing
AD/SAP/Oracle or something else highly proprietary you could almost
definitely switch it out.

Cheers