Re: [LUG] Laptop CPU etc power consumption

Well, it does provide its few services to several machines in two buildings...

And it stops the building getting damp, but I agree it is heavy old iron now.

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 21:28Âbad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/06/15 20:59, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Well, there is a hub... And I like having Darth Cupboard there marking
> some space as mine ...

Unless you're redlining your workstation 24/7 I'd wager you could
comfortably serve up all of that from a VM or two hosted locally. A 1U
PowerEdge is just sucking juice and draining your wallet. And think of
the footprint of an entire rack - toss it out and you've got tons of
space for lolcat pictures and a panini press.

Yummy.