Re: [LUG] Extending Wifi

On 19/06/15 19:49, Joseph Bennie wrote:
> Iâd be interested in a few, how many can you spare? 4?
>
> We could arrange meetup somewhere, for a hardware bring and swap event. Iâve got a
> pile of useful bits some people might chew my hand off for.
>
> Thinking a Starbucks on the A30/Truro Junction is a possible meet-up location.
>
> Anyone else fancy a coffee and an afternoon chatting about tech?

I'll turn up if someone has a working box with a legit DEC flag on it:
PDP/VAX/Alpha, I'm not fussy. Otherwise, forget it: I'll stay
pseudo-anonymous thanks. I do not handle social situations well :[

My boss is a massive nerd/linux fan and generally all-round good guy so
he's fine with me dispersing kit that would otherwise be WEEE bin or
landfill bound as I see fit: schools, charities, mad young H4CK04ZZ have
all picked up stuff from me/work. I'd rather hand it off to someone who
can use it than pay for it to be taken away.

Entirely open to ideas about how to reconcile staying out of the way
whilst regularly meeting up with people to donate kit - perhaps I could
just leave it in the carpark and run away?

Cheers