Re: [LUG] Extending Wifi

On 19/06/15 11:46, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Well, I have done some research and my first reaction is, wow scary. There seems to be a lot of configuration to do, and there are warnings about only a professional should install it. Neil

Seriously, they're in no way scary or complicated! As for professionals installing it, well, luckily I *am* one.

Give me your IP details and I can even configure it for you, it'll only take me 3 minutes. You won't need an entire PoE switch either, just a single 24v PoE injector (the AP and the PoE injector look like this: http://www.comx-computers.co.za/i/engenius/en-ens200_2.jpg). As I said before, I literally have boxes of these returned from sites just sitting around. If you're interested let me know and I can let you have one (free as in beer of course).

Trust me, it'll be a lot easier than messing around with homeplugs or anything else and will provide uncluttered, wire-free high bandwidth connectivity straight off the bat. Half of my friends and family have these things set up for them now beaming SSIDs through stone walls, into gardens and between buildings.

Cheers