Re: [LUG] Request mailman configuration change;

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 08:33:13 +0000
Kevin Peat <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Kevin,

>Not so sure. Our kids wanted to get online originally for MS Messenger
>and I don't suppose they were the only ones.

Quite probably, but Gordon's right;  Microsoft were late to the party.
I recall that they ran their own nntp servers for quite some time.
Compuserve, AOL et al were all OSPs before the internet became
available to the general public.  In fact, even AOL offered initially
internet access merely as an adjunct to their core business.

--
 Regards  _
Your father was a megalomaniac, you've got an insane brother