Re: [LUG] Request mailman configuration change;

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 18:45:57 +0000
bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello bad,

>Thanks for your reply, but I should have to do nothing to stop behaviour
>that is self evidently broken. The very idea that I should have to

Yes, it's not a good idea, we know that.  Mailman was conceived when the
internet was a) much smaller and b) a far more genteel place than it is
now.  Why the devs chose to default the option to ON, IDK.  Why they've
chosen to stick with it, again, IDK.  TBH, I don't care enough about it
to worry.  They're not the first people to make, shall we say, such a
naive choice.  Nor, I suspect, will they be the last.

As I said before, AIUI, v3 is losing the option altogether.

--
 Regards  _
Why do they try to hide our past pulling down houses and build car parks