Re: [LUG] Bloody politicians! Rant.

On 2015-01-14 07:32, Martijn Grooten wrote:
That's the thing: steganography scales badly. It could be used by a
terrorist cell for internal communication, but not to talk to potential
new members. And once you know the secret, it's trivial for an
intelligence agency to listen in.
Depends what you use, most of the tools I have used start with PGP or other strong crypto and hide the cipher text in an image. There were tools to look at statistical deviation from normal image low bit statistics, but this just told you the image was being used for steganography, without the original image you were basically not going anywhere.

When I first played, some of the tools loaded up images to Usenet, but I doubt things have changed, except where the images go.

Back then the tools were ropey, and it was a minority interest area, I don't know if it got better.