Re: [LUG] Bloody politicians! Rant.

Not the first time a tragedy has been leveraged by politicians to erode privacy. Those people in our history, including politicians, who fought for freedom and privacy and choice must be turning in their graves as each new anti-terrorist law removes another slice of them.

I am concerned enough to be changing my voting habits this election. In particular, privacy is my highest rated concern (*) and will vote for whichever party champions it best - which isn't looking to be any of the big three. Or emigrate to France, who do seem to be determined not to throw away their libertÃ.

He might not have had the fortune to have been born British, but it's getting more and more relevant; "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington"

Simon

(*) ÂHe says, using a gmail account that is likely accessible without warrant or probably cause to the NSA...