Re: [LUG] Android phone sync to Mint Laptop (via OwnCloud?)

> The obvious answer to backup calendar and contacts on an Android phone is... A google account. Syncs it magically.

> That doesn't squirt it to your mint machine, but it's "safe" up there on their cloud.

> Although that's so heavily integrated, I assume you know that and have chosen caldav and owncloud for personal reasons?

Well, that is a good point, but I would like to store the data on my own equipment.

Thereâs also the thoughts about syncing a common calendar between us so that we can see whose turn it is to cook dinner, etcâ

> I use DavDroid to sync to my owncloud server. It works really well for calendar and contacts.

> The OwnCloud app can be set to automatically sync photos, but I think other files have to be manually synced.

> I also like OwnCloudNotes as a replacement for Evernote.

> Oops. It's MyOwnNotes.

Thanks â Iâll check them out. Glad to hear from another OC user J

I tried using Bynariâs WebDAV Collaborator from my workâs Outlook (Windows 7 64b) and now all my calendar appointments have lost their reminders due to the software not syncing properly (probably an issue due to my workâs laptop & Outlook rather than OC / Bynari / WebDAV)

> BitTorrent Sync?

I hadnât even considered thatâ Iâm presuming that you meant for the files (unless thereâs some form of calendar / contacts sync???)

hmmâ

That might work for my NAS setup too, so that I can get Grandmaâs documents (from Cornwall) backed up on to my NAS (in Devon)

Hmmmâ.

Thanks!

Looks like the long winter evenings will be filled with cloud syncing J