[LUG] Android phone sync to Mint Laptop (via OwnCloud?)

The Lady of the House has an Android phone that she wants to “backup” to her Mint (17) Laptop…

Note:
“backup” = contacts, calendar & files (99% photos + 1% music)

I’d rather use open source software if at all possible…

As far as a quick DuckDuckGo session reports, it might be easier for her (i.e. me) to sync both the phone & the laptop to OwnCloud – they would obviously then become in sync effectively doing the same thing.

I have a RasPI with OwnCloud 7 running on it, and due to other tinkering, I have WebDAV setup on it…

It appears that the OwnCloud app only transfers files – so between that and the WebDAV (providing CardDAV and CalDAV), then I think I’m covered.

So – does anyone have any thoughts around this?

Anything better?

Thanks,

Steve