Re: [LUG] Android phone sync to Mint Laptop (via OwnCloud?)

On 7 October 2014 18:04, Tremayne, Steve <steven.tremayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The obvious answer to backup calendar and contacts on an Android phone is... A google account. Syncs it magically.Â

Well, that is a good point, but I would like to store the data on my own equipment.

Fair enough. I understand and respect that view. I mention it because I use it heavily, and it's what I know - but of course other options are available :)

Thereâs also the thoughts about syncing a common calendar between us so that we can see whose turn it is to cook dinner, etcâ

Again, google will do this by sharing your calendar to your wife or vice versa. The android apps will show both quite happily.Â