Re: [LUG] Dropbox etcetera

www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

On 01/09/14 17:25, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 15:18:00 +0100
Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1 Sep 2014, at 14:44, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:57:17 +0100
Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 31/08/14 22:22, Eion MacDonald wrote:

On 31/08/2014 18:08, bad apple wrote:
Literally every person on the list except you
Wrong. I have never used any external cloud storage so it is 'more
than one'.--
regards
Eion MacDonald

Et moi.
Too much disconnectivity in my world to even consider anything -
even if I could ensure security.
Tom te tom te tom

I have been saving stuff on my own website up to now. This works,
and I encrypt first where necessary. The problem is that it is not
synced. Every time I make a change I have to upload the latest
version myself. That is the main reason for looking at this.

Also I was hoping for some suggestion as to which is the best one.

Neil

Dropbox (fyi it also works offline and there are settings to control
bandwidth use etc when synchronising, and a helpful pause button)  so
far Iâve used it for 2 years on multiples systems without issue.
They also just upped the pro version to 1TB so if your a heavy user
its very good value vs a hard disk when you consider the 100%
reliability and usage options.

  Thanks, that is the one I know the best. I have already earned some
  extra free storage to a total of 2.75 Gb, which will be plenty for me.
  If I decide to stay with one it will be DB.

Neil

as was said, not a lot to distinguish these services except free space and linux compatibility. This one https://www.copy.com/home/ has good linux integration, system tray app which does pretty much everything the dropbox one does (no Nautilus/Dolphin integration though) etc, and 15GB free.