Re: [LUG] Dropbox etcetera

On 1 Sep 2014, at 14:44, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:57:17 +0100
> Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Wrong. I have never used any external cloud storage so it is 'more
>>> than one'.--
>>> regards
>>> Eion MacDonald
>>>
>> Et moi.
>> Too much disconnectivity in my world to even consider anything - even
>> if I could ensure security.
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> I have been saving stuff on my own website up to now. This works, and I
> encrypt first where necessary. The problem is that it is not synced.
> Every time I make a change I have to upload the latest version myself.
> That is the main reason for looking at this.
>
> Also I was hoping for some suggestion as to which is the best one.
>
> Neil

Dropbox (fyi it also works offline and there are settings to control bandwidth use
etc when synchronising, and a helpful pause button)  so far I’ve used it for 2 years
on multiples systems without issue.  They also just upped the pro version to 1TB so
if your a heavy user its very good value vs a hard disk when you consider the 100%
reliability and usage options.