Re: [LUG] Diaspora - Lug website

I was thinking about the hosting question last night and thought I’ld let you know
I’ve got a pure fibre to the premise business line here (100down/30up Mbps) with
some spare static ips and an unused Acer GR380 F1 server (but it need some 2.5” SAS
disks+ caddies for a GR380 F1 or an external iscsi array - I have cards for the
iscsi or sas expander)

I also know the founder of Lug and the server team - so yes getting the dns setup is
a non issue.

My only reservation is these servers are noisy - and cost about £20/mth to run so I
was hoping to find a liquid cooling solution to solve the noise issue and energy for
cooling but i don’t know a uk source of the die-electric coolant so I can bodge an
version of this in my office.

http://www.electronics-cooling.com/2006/05/an-overview-of-liquid-coolants-for-electronics-cooling/
http://www.clearcoproducts.com/dielectric-silicone-fluids-sto-50.html
http://www.grcooling.com/carnotjet/

.. re dclug website : happy to discuss at the next meet

which I was trying to arrange, but have been too busy with work.

also does anyone have a friend at http://www.goonhilly.org  ?