Re: [LUG] Diaspora

Hi All

On 27 Aug 2014, at 14:00, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I notice diaspora is getting some bad press for being used by certain
> organisations.
> Beginning to think its time I got one working properly - any usesrs out ther?
> Tom te tom te tom

I am a bit frustrated by Diaspora and the lack of a data centre in Cornwall. I would
love to set up and run my own Diaspora network. I have a whole load of family
members who would not use Facebook if I had a Diaspora network set up. I have a
Diaspora account but am unable to use it because no one else uses Diaspora. When I
suggest using Diaspora on a different server most family members ask why is that
different to Facebook. I explain about data ownership etc but they point out that
there data is now on someone else's server and the problem could persist.

I wish I could install and run my own server.

Kind regards

Richard Brown
07834 770027
Community Organiser