Re: [LUG] website - why aren't we using the perfectly good domain we own?

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Aaron Trevena wrote:

Hi All,

Is there any reason we can't use the perfectly good domain name
dcglug.org.uk for the lug website - much as I like my retro 90's
internet sometimes, having it as a subdomain of somebody's personal
hosting looks pretty lame these days :(

That somebody is of-course me. It's quite obvious, so do use my name. Also drogon.net is my "professional" domain name, it's not really a personal hosting system, although I do use it to host some of my hobby sites. (one of which now generates more income than my main one oddly enough!)

However, please feel free to take over hosting and on-going website update and maintenance.

... Is the usual cry you'll hear.

What it boils down it is the person(s) who wants to maintain the website are more familiar with Wordpress than the Drupal (I think) that the existing site is on, so I offered some space on one of my commercial servers for it with the intention that in-time the original domain would be pointed to it.

That hasn't happened yet.

(And no, I'm not the one maintaining it, I don't care either way, I just provided the hosting when others called for a change)

Gordon