Re: [LUG] EU ruling on Google

On 18 May 2014 18:25,  <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Obviously not irrelevant (especially if you were going to lend this guy
> money or extend him credit), not outdated (not really that long ago) and
> not misinformation (it's true). Apart from that you are bang on!

Fair point as far as it goes, but presumably all of this was worked
out in court.

<snip>
> he
> isn't a good guy so isn't really deserving of our sympathy.

The court disagrees.

> Let's just say that instead of going bankrupt (which must surely be
> commonplace in Spain these days) he had murdered someone.

No. Let's not.

> As Spock would say, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the
> few, or the one."

So tempting to give the Philosohy 101 dismissal of utilitarianism.
Look it up yourself, and notice that Spock and the rest of the crew
almost never act in accordance with it in practice; nor do we expect
them too.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63