Re: [LUG] EU ruling on Google

On 15/05/14 14:02, Philip Hudson wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 12:20, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What happens when someone in europe uses a VM outside europe to do a search
>> that will show up his bankruptcy
>
> Please try to get this right, everyone. It keeps coming up and it's
> critical to understand what we're talking about correctly. He's *not*
> trying to censor, suppress, hide or delete his bankruptcy from search
> results. He just isn't.

The point is that he is.

He is asking for a result he doesn't like to be removed.

So he is censoring the output of an algorithm he doesn't like the
outcome of for his own name (although he presumably finds the algorithms
really useful the rest of the time, as otherwise how did he find out).

I REALLY want my search results as good as Google can make, and that is
not modified in the light of requests for random people to make random
changes.

I've had death threats from someone who used the DMCA to help hide their
criminal activity, we don't need, nor want, another rule that permits
Joe Public to poke around with search results from Google.

I hope Google go with blacking out the result, with a "Censored by
European Court", or similar. The problem before is too many companies
let these things slip by, because it is easier to censor and not answer
questions - which is why most of these tools don't tell you when you've
received censored content (even the ones that are suppose to).