Re: [LUG] EU ruling on Google

On 15/05/14 12:03, lug@xxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:37:08 +0100, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
The sensible thing - in order to not breach the regulation would be to
make sure that nothing about him at all is returned.
Tom te tom te tom

And nothing on anyone with the same name either right?

Kevin

You can kill off the bit of information that seeded the result in the search, but what happens when the bots find the online data from elsewhere that covers the information that has just come online. Is it identical information or is it someone else? How do we prove its not someone else - do we get a UID from somewhere to tag all our data and how can we get it tagged without sharing the UID? What happens when someone in europe uses a VM outside europe to do a search that will show up his bankruptcy - European law doesn't apply elsewhere? Can newspapers ever print information that expires - i.e. print a notice that someone is bankrupt now? I think the poor bloke is in a very unfortunate situation but the cat is out of the bag and amongst the pigeons and this ruling is unworkable and if Google manage to bodge it will give them even more of a monopoly on search - as they will have a list of all the injunctions against them that cannot be made public to other search engines... so does the court take the responsibility to check all current and future search engines and clean out the internet archive?
Its a brave new world ....
Tom te tom te tom