Re: [LUG] EU ruling on Google

On 18/05/2014 15:25, Philip Hudson wrote:
> Raises lots of problems for Google,

The real problem is that it was the only result against his name that
came up in a Google search, and thus became the basis for
"The test is objective and subject to legal challenge:
irrelevant and outdated personal information that disadvantages an
individual must not be the first or only result returned"

Seems a simple  adjustment to algorithm that if only one result is
obtained and it names a living person (as opposed to a 'corporate
person) then Google should not display that result.

If person has a large internet body of results on search and one was
discriminatory then it should not be 'first' result displayed.

This appear workable to me.
You search  folk can enlighten me if I am wrong.
PS I do not think I would get Google to take down discriminatory results
against me (e.g. claims of bad activity in youth, or times held in
custody by foreign powers under duress) among other results.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald