Re: [LUG] Alternative to GIMP

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:22:09 +0300
Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk
> >
> you could look at gwenview, which has basic editing - crop, resize,
> redeye. showphoto should do everything you need and is also
> integrated with digikam, maybe the best photo library app out there.
> Both use kipi plugins which are good for quick creation of html photo
> galleries and exporting to various social media.

Thanks,. I have used gwenview for looking at my photos for ages.
However I have never thought of it as a photo editor. I knew it could
do a few things but, as I always have Gimp installed, I have looked no
further in gwenview.  Will now check it out.

I have also used digikam in tha past but it has become too bloated for
me,  Again, I did not realise that gwenview was connected to digikam at
all.

Thanks

Neil