[LUG] Alternative to GIMP

I  do use Gimp quite often but I find it a bit heavy going sometimes.
It seems to be a bit OTT for me much of the time. Very often I am
preparing a photo for one of my blogs so I do not need to do much.

Very often all I do is,

crop it a bit if needed
scale the image
sharpen it up a bit
check levels
check curves
add a border
flatten the image
export it to jpg

I know that there is so much more available in Gimp but I am talking
about preparing a photo for showing on the web, not for printing. So I
am wondering if anyone could suggest a program similar to Gimp but
simpler to use, that is much less of a heavyweight.

Thanks,

Neil