Re: [LUG] Alternative to GIMP

On 14/04/14 17:11, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> OK, I have installed that and will have a look at it. Of course, it is
> a KDE program and I use Xfce.

Not a problem - I mostly use Awesome yet I have KDE, Gnome and the
development libraries for all of GTK, KDE, QT3, 4 and 5 and god only
knows what else installed on my system. You can mix and match components
on Linux completely independently which is one of the good things about it.

Don't worry about disk space either - this workstation's boot drive is a
mere 120Gb SSD and even with all of that crap installed, a home
directory full of source repositories and temporary build directories
and pretty much every development library known to man installed I'm
still not even using half of it.

No idea about borders tools in Krita I'm afraid (I don't even know what
they are): I know even less about image editing than I do about
programming, and that's saying something. There appears to be a pretty
comprehensive online manual here:

http://userbase.kde.org/Krita

Hopefully that might help.

Regards