[LUG] Gnome are broke

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY2Mjc

Ha, that's just priceless... One of the few software projects in the
world that would actually be better off if they just downed tools and
stopped all work on ruining it (that's the only work that is done on
Gnome these days: making it suck more and removing every single feature
until the codebase it literally just a million lines of NOOP).

I say this as a Gnome user, I'm looking at 3.10 right now (through the
prism of Awesome, to be clear). Gnome's only advantage these days is
that it's still not as terrible, unintuitive and bloated as KDE, the
only *nix DE to manage the impressive task of being even more hateful
than the native Windows or Mac OS X environment.

Earlier today I was updating some nekochan ports on my Octane2, which
runs Irix 6.5.30 and the Indigo Magic Desktop GUI. IDM is 21 years old,
and is better than Gnome in almost every conceivable way - just for a
start, I'm allowed transparency if I want it, I get all three buttons
(close, minimize, maximise) in the top right of all application windows
and it doesn't have a bunch of retarded linux-only dependencies like
systemd. Oh, and it's much, much faster as well, and quite a lot
prettier out of the box.

Thankfully I'm not that hung up on desktop environments, as long as they
provide me with several virtual spaces to put all my terminals and let
me set a cool background picture of some kitties I'm not really that
bothered what I use but all the same... some consistency would be nice.

Now I'm going to cross my fingers and pray the next story I read will be
that RedHat are broke and as a result they've had to fire Lennart
Poettering. Once can hope.

Regards