Re: [LUG] Fwd: Mail Delivery Failure

On 04/04/14 18:17, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 03:53:05PM +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

I've had the error below a couple of times in the last week or so.
Only on DCGLUG emails and I'm not relaying as I'm using
Virginmedia's SMTP server on a Virginmedia cable connection, so I'm
not sure why it thinks I /am/.  Any suggestions please?  Looking at
the info in the secodn attachment, one of the Virginmedia servers
has the word 'relay' in it. Could that be the problem?  It's never
happened before, and it's not happening with /all/ GLUG mail either.

Julian
Hi Julian,

I think I am to blame here. Or not me, personally, but some place I
have my mail sent to that seem to be messing things up - it is
managed by other people. I'm looking into that now - but have stopped
the sending of my mail to that place for the moment.

My sincere apologies for this. There's nothing wrong on your side.

Martijn.

No apology necessary Martijn.. it happens! :) I'm just pleased there's a simple(ish) explanation.

Julian