[LUG] Scrap Metal

Following in Mark’s footsteps, I’ve had a clear out too, and have all the following free to a good home:

Does anyone know of any charities which can make use of this stuff, rather than land-fill? I think Computers for Charities is really in need of working, complete systems rather than random parts…

Anyway, if you see something you like, please contact me directly, rather than via the list.

I live near Holsworthy, but I do go to the Exeter meet-up now & again…

SCSI HDDs:
Seagate ST39140LW (9GB)
Seagate ST39173LW (9GB)

And to go with it:
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/scsi/ultra2/aha-2940u2w/
Adaptec AHA-2940/2940U: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/scsi/2940/aha-2940/

Both drives were tested using the 2940U2W card above (earlier this week) and zero’d out.
The 2940U card is untested

smartmon on Parted Magic didn’t seem to want to read any SMART diagnostics info, but as far as I could tell, the Adapter reported the cards were fine …

Not Tested:
NVidia Quadro FX570 (NVA-P588-000): http://www.pny.eu/data/sitedynamic/Image/Quadro_Tech_Sheet_FX_Entry.pdf

2 – yes, 2! 3.5” Floppy Drives… I have been holding on to these “just in case” for waaay too long J

1x 5.25” IDE CD-Rom (Lite-On LTN-526): http://www.xpcgear.com/liteonltn526.html
2x 5.25” IDE CD-Rom (Lite-On LTN-526S): http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200109/20010920LTN526S_2.html
1x 5.25” SCSI CD-Rom (Toshiba XM-5701B): http://www.netcomdirect.com/tosxm12xscsi.html
1x 5.25” IDE CD-Rom (Mitsumi CRMC-FX400):

1x 5.25” IDE DVD-Rom (Creative DVD5241E)
1x 5.25” IDE DVD-Rom (LG DH16NS30): http://www.lg.com/ca_en/digital-storage-devices/lg-DH16NS30-internal-dvd-burner/technical-specifications

1x 5.25” IDE DVD-R/RW (Pioneeer DVR-105): http://www.dvdwriters.co.uk/reviews/pioneer/dvr105p1.htm

Some 10/100Mb single port NICs:
1x Unknown NIC – uses a Realtek RTL8139C
1x Netgear FA311 Rev-D2
1x 3COM 3C980C-TXM: http://www.mtmnet.com/3C980C_TX.htm

ADSL router with wifi – note these use WEP!
2x Draytek Vigor 2600We

Then a really tall tower case for everything:
Aopen HX08: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=676
(I think the rear disk cage (above the PSU in the photos) is missing, but I’ll have a rummage around for it)

Cheers,

Steve