Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 02:34:19PM +0100, lug@xxxxxx wrote:
> >2) Folk like me, who really enjoy driving and who will resist any
> >mandatory changes to make this beautiful vision a reality...
>
> Don't you think these cars would have a brilliant hack factor though?
>
> Flashing custom firmware to get better traffic light priority or
> masquerading as the emergency services.

Hacking into your target's car to make it drive them straight to where
you want them to be.

Car hacking already happens, though as far as I'm aware, so far only as
a proof-of-concept at security conferences

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/25/miller_car_hacking/

Martijn.