Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On 1 April 2014 19:04:49 GMT+01:00, Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>But actually, I'm not for tougher sentencing at all. I'm a liberal
>sissy
>who happens to think that way too many people are sent to prison for
>too
>long a time and it tends not to help in most cases.
>
>(Apologies for continuing this obviously off-topic thread.)

Well prison [if HMP Dartmoor on last week's news is anything to go by] just seems to
be a bunch of bored people sitting around taking drugs which seems pretty pointless.
But I would like to see lifetime driving bans for people who kill someone through
careless driving.

It would also be nice if the much vaunted self-driving cars stopped people speeding
[which really must be trivial] and also stopped drink driving for good [maybe a
little harder].

Kevin