[LUG] OT: Obscure problem with Samsung Galaxy SIII

Hi All,

The phone is running Android 4.3 and lately it has on occasion locked up required a battery removal to reset it. That's not the problem - although it may be the cause of the current issue somehow. It happened yesterday and at the time WiFi and (I think) GPS were both active. Now the phone seemingly won't disable WiFi. I leave the phone logged into Facebook but with WiFi turned off it's normally dormant doing nothing, however now I am getting Facebook updates even though according to the phone WiFi is disabled. I've checked the mobile data connection, which I hardly ever use so is off 99% of the time - as it was when the phone crashed - and it /seems/ to be off. In a nutshell the phone claims to be offline to the Internet yet it seems as if it /is/ online.

Any ideas please?

Kind regards,

Julian