Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

Was this not the case where the call-centre recorded all the conversations on phone, and the case that these were not contracts equally entered into was made evidence by the nature of them.

On 31 March 2014 19:37, Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 31/03/2014 19:26, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> Having done quite a bit of research into these scams, I know how hard it
> is to prosecute people for these kinds of scams. They are less obviously
> illegal than you may think.

I assume problem is proof of intent, as if permission given by recipient
that is establishment of contract by acceptance of an offer, I will do
this thing Y, and you will pay me ÂX ,overpaying for something is not
illegal. Do you know what was the 'trigger' to get Âconviction in this case?
--
regards
Eion MacDonald

Adrian MidgleyÂÂ http://www.defoam.net/