Re: [LUG] linux child protection

On 29/03/2014 06:03, Richard Brown wrote:
> In youth work we call this empowerment! The concept is that at some
> point you need to empower children and young people to make decisions.

Banned, forbidden, can also work as an educational tool.
What follows I would describe, if questioned, as fiction, but....
At a certain school which had been founded by a pirate to help lesson
his sins, a Latin master, who also taught Russian  and German, had a
locked bookcase of literature in these languages, and when you had done
your work well, then on Friday pm as he did administration, you  could
read his locked library , while others only had their course work.
The books were very adult in theme and language.

Somehow my Latin has remained with me!
I use  the modern two in international work, but the Latin allows me a
better depth  in handling contracts and legal stuff.
Forbid, restrict and youth will learn how to get access.

(I assume nowadays he would go to jail for such an educational
attainment method!)

--
regards
Eion MacDonald