Re: [LUG] linux child protection

On 28 March 2014 17:03:15 GMT, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014, Tom wrote:

As my daughters age the missuses requests for some kind of blocking
increases.
Any recommendations - pcs and android devices!

How about education and no unsupervised internet access?

Gordon

You are spot on re. education but any filtering/supervision is just doomed to failure just like Cameron's firewall. I used NetNanny [on Windows] with our kids 10 years ago just to limit PC time, but in the age of families having multiple PC's, tablets and phones [as have their friends] you have no chance of stopping them doing whatever they want.

Best to just educate them about the good and the bad so they have the tools to deal with all the crap out there.

Kevin