Re: [LUG] Fed up of BT Broadband in Minions

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 15:26 +0000, George Parker wrote:
> On 25/03/14 19:08, Kevin Lucas wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> > Being the Sub Postmaster in Minions I get a lot of Village residents
> > complaining ( I don't know why to me apart from I just happen to
> > there to listen!), about the very poor service we get from BT
> > Openreach regarding the quality of the Connection to the exchange,
> > we as a village get 2.5 megs max with many failing to reach 1 Meg on
> > a steady basis.
> >

> I got an email a couple of days ago from Avonline Broadband who say
> they can supply B/B by satellite for Â20 per month for up to 5 GB, at
> download 15-20 Mbs and upload 2-6 Mbs.  10 GB for Â25 and so on. I've
> never heard of them before so caveat emptor and all that.
>
> George
I have looked at Satellite but based on the performance of the Nat
Lottery one we have stuck to the side of the Shop, Its very iffy
especially in fog and ice. Not sure about speeds but it takes a few
minutes to log in each morning, and some transactions just sit there for
many seconds before confirming. This though was my next port of call.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
A dedicated Linux user